Monday, August 8, 2011

Appreciating the Tortoise

This sampler is forcing me to go slowly. I keep staring at those bits and scraps, waiting for inspiration...something I want to make, that uses the pieces I have. Ideas refused to be rushed. But it's a pleasant sort of preoccupation...as long as I don't pressure myself too much.


I tried some wonky churn dash blocks:


And another log cabin:


The next project might have to be a design wall. So far all the blocks are heaped up on a chair, and, true to my measuring phobia, I've been making them all pretty random sizes. I have no idea how they're all going to go together.





Lovely carpet background, huh? Yeah, a design wall is getting put in the queue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments :o)