Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Cure for Stress

...is clearly to start more projects.














Example of shock

Lately I've been stressing a bit over my WIPs. My friends will be shocked by this confession, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

So I had this awesome idea.






Maybe if I have more works in progress, I won't be compelled to obsess my way into artistic paralysis over each tiny design decision. Because I'll be distracted. Right?

Right???

To the Stash Cave! What am I hoarding it for? Let's cut into the prized pieces!

Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks in voile on Kona Snow


As I'm fondling this supersoft voile, Mr Awesome glances over (unperturbed by the weird quilting behavior) and says, "What are you making with those? A mumu?"


Quilt friends, my next project had a name.




The grand plan for Mumu

Cut, cut, cut...












...sew, sew, sew...  with the help of my 1/4 inch foot (now that I finally figured out what it was)...


 ...and voila! Or should I say, voile!

I love it!

The blocks are huge! Which means I only have to make 9 of them!


Unfortunately, no staging was required for this photo.
Maybe the next WIP should be a new storage system (unlikely).

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome, love the idea of huge blocks! Also, check out this link
    http://www.pleasant-home.com/2010/12/so-exciting-less-no-reply-bloggers.html
    To make yourself a 'reply' blogger. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments :o)