Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mug Rugs!

A good friend of mine is getting married (next weekend!). What better way to settle into married life than with a pair of hers and hers mug rugs? (And I'm kind of hoping that with all the wedding madness, she won't be visiting my blog ;o)


I only drew about 10 sketches and ordered 7 packets of fabric from Etsy. Who says gifts can't be good for the stash? Today I held auditions:




I'm pretty torn about the direction I want to go, but hey, these are dilemmas I love. Can't make a bad choice with these fabrics: a bit of roses from Heather Ross' Far Far Away II, some Remix hearts, and the much coveted (by me) Heather Ross' Mendocino.

In other news...I am took the plunge and started a virtual quilting bee through Flickr with Mary! I am so excited to try new blocks, meet new quilters from all around the country, and learn the ropes of bee hivin' from Mary, who is basically a VQB professional. Our Block Party Bee will use the book as inspiration. My month isn't until May, but I'm already pouring over the pages and trying to envision what I would like. I'm thinking a quilt in all blue and white...but by tomorrow, who knows? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments :o)