Monday, July 11, 2011

Mr. Awesome

Let me just take a moment to brag about my husband, aka Mr Awesome. This layout was his idea, and wouldn't you know it...it shows what he is constantly giving me: space. peace. time to breathe. I tend to get all bogged down in details and overwhelmed by the staggering energy required by my many schemes. Mr Awesome has a way of unraveling all that crazy with a simple word or look. Um oh yeah. I don't have to work so hard. Sometimes less is more. Open space is needed to showcase detail and design. This is the very thing I love about modern quilting, how open spaces give a fresh simplicity to a few well-crafted details, but I struggle to actually achieve it (at least in the first 10 incarnations of a project).

So, thanks, Mr Awesome. I love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments :o)