Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nom Nom Nom

What's better...



...the dough...
















 ...or the cookies?



Frankly, I would have no problem eating just the dough. Like, all the dough. But the husband assures me these are delish.
Meanwhile, they aren't winning any beauty contents. Not sure what happened to this lil guy...an overzealous spatula, perhaps?






Recipe can be found here. I tweaked it by using real butter (always!) instead of margarine (never!), and adding about 1/2 a cup of milk, give or take. Also, what the hell is pastry flour?






While I wasn't elbow-deep in dough demurely baking, today I worked on ye olde bro blocks.

 Yellows...
 ...and purples...
 ...and more purples... (with freakin cute mom and baby fish eek!!)
 ...and more purples...
...and this isn't even the end, folks, but I'm going to spare you.

I'm enjoying the process of making this quilt. Part of what I love is how long it takes...how it seems like it's never going to end and even when you're on Phase 39 of the project, you're barely half-way there. How execution takes so much longer than the ideas to formulate. It's an exercise in patience.

Hmm, good ideas to ponder over a warm cookie...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments :o)